Friday, October 12, 2007

Hallowwen Plans... ???

I know Harry Potter and Halloween do not necessarily have to go together, but I was curious what a bunch of crafty ladies such as us do for Halloween...?


For those of you not in the U.S., do you/your country celebrate and what traditions do you keep? If not Halloween, anything autumnal like baking apple pies and taking scenic drives and leaf-peeping?

In my house, we get a little Halloween happy... I've written a few blogs about it if anyone wants to see. But I also wondered what others do.
~Hettie

3 comments:

Piglottie said...

Halloween isn't as big in the UK as it is in the US. Its started to get a bit more popular, but the big night for us is 5 November which is Bonfire Night. We always have a BBQ (in the freezing cold lol) and set off loads of fireworks! I love this time of year and am in fact going out walking in the forest this weekend to catch some of the autumnal colours.

lulubelle said...

My daughter, who is a bit over 2 and a half, is incredibly excited for hallowe'en. We've looked over old pics, she's been playing with a pumpkin bucket, choosing hallowe'en books off the shelf, and, of course, dancing around in her dragon costume.
Hallowe'en was always one of my fav times of the year, and it's loads more fun now that I have my own kids.

Neila said...

Halloween! Is there any better holiday? I think not. I've been digging through my many, many boxes of decorations today to get into the mood. Last year I had a stitching day with my cross stitch friends and required them to come in costume and I made a ghoulish meal.