Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Cate You Are the Greatest




I want to thank Catherine for the beautiful parcel I received today. The package included a skein of 100% super wash merino wool, hand dyed locally by Fleece Artist (who just happens to be right down the road). Also Catherine taught herself how to make stitch markers and practiced with Gryffindor house colors until there was a set she liked. She gathered together magic loop and Harry Potter-themed sock patterns. I think I'll try to Fawks pattern first. The goodies did not stop there, she sewed a brocade bag which can hold all my sock making materials for this project. The special material was cut from the same cloth she used to make an infant carrier for her son. Also added was a chocolate called Coffee Crisp (because she saw I was in Coffee Swap 3 also). The chocolate is only available in Canada so it was a treat for this girl from Hawaii. I also received US number one 32" circular needle from Knitpicks I can use to practice the Magic Loop. She also visited the Anne (of Green Gables) store on Prince Edward Island and sent me a pen (I'm in that knit and read along). Again, I appreciate this pal's work so much because I can see she put a lot of time and thought into her work. I only hope we can meet some day at a knitting event.

1 comment:

Cate said...

I am so relieved that it finally got there. I'm so glad you like it! It was a lot of fun to put it together.